- Our Sponsors
Painted Violin Project 2013!
Our 2013 Painted Violin Project and Auction were huge successes!
Thanks to all who participated!
Here are the 2013 violins! Also the amazing quilt and the Filgate print! Now all residing happily with their lucky owners...
Click on individual images or words to see bios and other details.
Saul Villegas, Musica de Angeles
Smokin' (framed print)
Autumn Melody (quilt)
OUR PAINTED VIOLIN PROJECT 2013 ARTISTS!
The winning entries are:
- Marsha Bowers, Renaissance Rhapsody
- Jasmin Charles, Idiosymphonic
- Veronica Florez, Synchronous
- Dannye Jones, Swimming in Sound
- Denise Kearney, Paisley Vibe
- Ariana Marmolejo, The Color of Music
- Bianca Nandzik, Jewel Flower
- Ohso, Election is Sure
- Jennette Rasch, Four Seasons
- Saul Villegas, Musica de Angeles
We would also like to gratefully acknowledge ten honorable mentions. We just had so many great entries!
The honorable mentions are:
Brother Burr, Dragon’s Sky
- Rhoda Draws, Always Room for Cello
- Norma Facio, Multi Color Violin
- Shelby Hayden, Peacock
- Katarina Jarvis, Countra-Ska’s Dream
- Dannye Jones, The Sounds of Flight
- Nancy Katz and Max Winer, A Community at Play
- Alex Mitchell, I am Still Painting Flowers For You
- Alixis Rodriguez, The Blue Deer
- Jia Zhou, Dancing Phoenix
Many more announcements will follow, especially regarding the gallery tours the finished violins will be making in April and May. But first we just want to thank and congratulate all the amazing artists (more than 70) who send in their designs. We loved them all!
Our earlier announcements:
Turn an unplayable instrument into a work of art to benefit the Youth Orchestras of Fresno!
We supply the unplayable instrument, you supply the art.
Artists are invited to submit applications (multiple applications are OK) until FRIDAY JANUARY 25, 2013.
The deadline for online submissions is 11:59pm PST. Snailmail submissions must be postmarked by January 25, 2013. For in-person submission, please call (559) 275-6694 or email email@example.com well before that date so we can arrange to receive your submission.
Click to access the online version of our PAINTED VIOLIN 2013 ARTIST APPLICATION FORM.
Click to access the hard-copy version of our PAINTED VIOLIN 2013 ARTIST APPLICATION FORM (HARDCOPY).
The application form includes a form for showing us your ideas--it's a page with two blank violin shapes, front and back:
You simply draw your fabulous designs--front and back--in living color, then send in the completed images, either via snailmail (444 W Shaw Fresno 93704) or, as scanned images, via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). Submit an ARTIST APPLICATION FORM for each submission, and you are set!
Then what happens?
FIVE to TEN artists will be chosen to produce Painted Violins for this year's Painted Violin Auction, May 22, 2013. Before that the violins will have traveled to various venues in the Central Valley, on display in all their glory for the public to admire and desire.
Finalists will be announced on February 1, 2013.
Finished violins are due any time up to and including April 1, 2013.
If using snailmail, please send completed application to:
Youth Orchestras of Fresno Artist Application, 444 West Shaw, Fresno, CA 93704
Painted Violins 2013 Timeline:
• Application deadline: January 25, 2013 (postmarked-by date; email applications are fine by 11:59pm PST)
• Finalists announced (5-10 to be selected): February 1, 2013
• Completed violins returned to Youth Orchestras: any time before/including April 1, 2013
• Display of painted violins: months of March, April, May 2013
• Painted Violin Auction: May 22, 2013
Here's a look at what happened last year: PAINTED VIOLIN PROJECT 2012